022: Keys To Success: Consistency, Determination and Motivation with Andrea Hudy
Go Listen on Apple, Spotify, or Your Favorite App!
I’m so excited to share this conversation with you today because I’m joined by Andrea Hudy, Director of Sports Performance for UConn's women's basketball team.
Andrea has led her teams to 8 national championships and shared her expertise with dozens of women in the WNBA.
In this episode, we’re exploring the keys to consistency, determination and how to motivate yourself (and others) to rally on those days when you’re feeling overwhelmed or even defeated.
Andrea also talks about the power of forgiveness and how forgiving yourself after making a mistake is the first step toward your next big win, both in business and in life.
Who Is Andrea Hudy?
Andrea Hudy is a trailblazing force in women's basketball. As the Director of Sports Performance for UConn's women's basketball, she's fueled her teams to 8 national championships and guided 85+ players to the WNBA. Andrea's mission as a true educator and coach is to inspire others to dream big and break barriers. She exemplifies the power of determination and innovative thinking. Join us as we dive into her remarkable journey in this episode!
- Finding your purpose through self-knowledge
- The key to consistency (and why it’s important)
- Mental toughness through self-forgiveness
- Creating a work/life balance
- Playing to your strengths
- Ensuring consistent personal growth
The Definition of Mental Toughness
Mic Drop Moments
- “What makes you strong can also make you weak. There is a fine dynamic that you have to juggle.” – Andrea Hudy
- “Integrity is scary for some people because it is hard to fight someone who is always doing the right thing.” – Andrea Hudy
- “Mental toughness is the ability to try your best, fail, and forgive yourself, and do better the next day.” – Andrea Hudy
- “You never regret hard work, doing too much, or going over the top. I think in those cases you learn a lot about yourself, and you learn a lot more than you expect.” – Andrea Hudy
- “Not every day will be your best day, it’s like the stock market. Just trend up.” – Andrea Hudy
- “Women need to support each other and support themselves. Seek challenges, put yourself out there, and do hard things.” – Andrea Hudy
- University of Connecticut (UConn)
- Andrea Hudy on Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Facebook
- Brené Brown
- Sue Bird
- Diana Taurasi
- The Soft Skills Disconnect (Research conducted by Harvard University, the Carnegie Foundation and Stanford Research Center)