027: Self-Love & Boundaries: A Vixen Panel Discussion with Marilyn Prebul, Julia Roberts Vanderlei, and Sylvia Worsham
Go Listen on Apple, Spotify, or Your Favorite App!
If you had to rate yourself on a scale of 1-10, how high would you place yourself when it comes to self-love? And how has that rating changed over the years?
In today’s Vixen panel episode with Marilyn Prebul, Julia Roberts Vanderlei, and Sylvia Worsham, we’re discussing the importance of appreciating our true selves and how that influences our ability to be better people (to ourselves and others). We share experiences on setting difficult boundaries as a form of self-love, and how we’ve overcome self-limiting beliefs.
In this episode, I invite you to get vulnerable with us and identify areas in which you could improve your self-love and boundary-setting, as well as honor those times in which you showed yourself enough respect to make difficult decisions to honor your own needs.
Who are Marilyn Prebul, Julia Roberts Vanderlei, and Sylvia Worsham?
Marilyn Prebul is a Spiritual Healer (Advanced Level 2 Spiritual Shamanic Healer), certified yoga instructor, and has 25 years of experience in the business consulting and coaching industry, with a BSc in Management. Her holistic approach to wellness provides a refreshing perspective on self-love and boundary setting.
Julia Roberts Vanderlei is the Chief Marketing Officer at Roberts Wealth Management (a family business) with a Bachelor in Business Administration. Her experience with working with family and proving her worth in her workplace highlights the importance of respectful boundary-setting for personal and business success.
Sylvia Worsham is a coach and International Best Selling Author, who focuses on helping others understand and implement productive habits. Her experience is very helpful in showcasing why failing to set boundaries will leave you stuck in the same place.
- The importance of self-love and setting boundaries
- How would you rate yourself on the “self-love” scale?
- Identifying your greatest act of self-love
- The ties between self-love and faith
- Taking risks through boundary setting
- Setting boundaries within romantic relationships
- Opening yourself up to “receiving” as a form of self-love
- Setting respectful boundaries in the workplace
- Tuning into your intuition for alignment
- Protecting your core values through self-love
Marilyn Prebul on Self-Love and Boundaries
Mic Drop Moments
- “If you don’t love yourself, you don’t raise your vibration and raise your standards.” – Sylvia Worsham
- “There is a fine line between perfectionism and pushing yourself to be better.” – Julia Roberts Vanderlei
- “My big awakening is that denying self-love in any way is to deny God's love. So, to love yourself is to love God, and doing that is to forgive yourself fully and to forgive everyone who has hurt you from the day you were born.” – Marilyn Prebul
- “Your tone and your body language speak ten times louder than the words that come out of your mouth. We can say anything we want, but our tone and body language are what executes what we’re feeling.” - Julia Roberts Vanderlei
- “When you’re using your intuition you’re growing your self-trust and it gives you more confidence. When you tune into it the choices you’re making are aligned with your higher purpose.” – Marilyn Prebul
- “If I rate myself a 10 on a self-love scale that doesn’t mean I’m perfect, life changes. But it does mean I’m doing the best I can do at this point in time.” – April Roberts
- “So many of us set boundaries in a reactive mode, and we might not feel bad about setting the boundary but we can feel bad about the way we did it.” – April Roberts
- “Most human beings are going to respect your boundaries. We as humans have to be reminded of things, but if someone is constantly obliterating your boundaries then there’s a deeper problem.” – April Roberts
- Marilyn Prebul Coaching
- Marilyn Prebul Coaching on Instagram | YouTube
- Marilyn Prebul on LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Julia Roberts Vanderlei on Facebook
- Roberts Wealth Management
- Roberts Wealth Management on Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn
- Sylvia Worsham on LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
- Journey to Me: Trust the Wisdom of Change by Sylvia Worsham
- Strategic Coach
- Brendon Burchard
- HPX Coaching
- Marie Kondo
- Jordan Peterson
- Liza Palmer
- Steven Vanderlei