047: Knowing Yourself and the Power of Self-Reflection with Shelle Vernon
Go Listen on Apple, Spotify, or Your Favorite App!
For many, scrolling through social media feeds has become a daily ritual. This also means that many people are spending less time reflecting, looking inward, and figuring out what motivates them and makes them truly happy.
In today’s episode, I’m joined again by my good friend Shelle Vernon to share some resources and best practices to help you know yourself and rediscover the power of self-reflection.
You’ll hear our best tips on dealing with “energy vampires” and why we believe assessments like Kolbe and PRINT are incredibly valuable. We’ll also talk about the power of getting to know your team on a deeper level to get the most out of their abilities while keeping yourself and your team engaged and motivated.
Who Is Shelle Vernon?
Shelle Vernon is a remarkable leadership development coach, well known for her innovative approach to guiding senior executives, high-performing individuals, and teams toward unprecedented success.
But that's not all – her impact extends beyond the boardroom, as she also empowers college and high school students with the tools to embark on their leadership journeys.
With a mission to unlock authenticity and ignite potential, Shelle helps people not only achieve their goals but truly live their most genuine and fulfilled lives.
- The power of self-reflection
- Thinking about yourself is not selfish
- Feeling who you really are
- Regaining touch with your intuition
- Clearing our negative emotions
- Dealing with narcissists or “energy vampires”
- Useful assessments you can take (Kolbe, PRINT)
- Getting to know your team & maximizing your talent pool
- Keeping yourself engaged and motivated
- Getting to know your kids’ personalities
- Learning to manage your energy
How Social Media Distracts Us From Knowing & Loving Ourselves
Mic Drop Moments
- “Because we have so much access now to social media and everyone else’s lives, it distracts us from ourselves and from going within.” – Shelle Vernon
- “If you’ve not disciplined yourself or mastered your emotional state, it puts you in a position to have someone manipulate you based on emotions.” – Shelle Vernon
- “Assessments give you the vocabulary to articulate things you intuitively know about yourself.” – Shelle Vernon
- “You want your own personal brand and to know what you bring to the table because you might want to (or be forced to) make a change. The more solid you are in your brand, the easier this is.” – April Roberts
- Mylestone Development & Management
- Mylestone DMC on LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook | X
- Shelle Vernon on LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook
- The Kolbe Assessment
- The PRINT Assessment
- The Human Design Assessment
- Alison Armstrong
- Tony Robbins
- Unleash The Power
- Strategic Coach
- Motivators Assessment by Find Mojo
- Matt Curry
- Julia Waller
- Human Design
- Kiera Doyle
- Meeting Your Magic
- David Chudyk
- Robert’s Wealth Management